Enjoy the Benefits of Your New Chip Card: Big Protection. Tiny Chip.
Deere Employees Credit Union is transitioning to EMV Chip Cards offering you a new level of protection for your Debit Card transactions. Chip cards are the latest in payment card technology, providing increased acceptance in the U.S. and around the world. Chip cards give you an added layer of protection against fraud for purchases made at the Point-of-Sale and at ATMs. To learn more, please visit our FAQ section.
- Shortly before your card is set to expire, your new Debit Chip card will be issued and sent to your address of record.
- Your Debit Chip card account number will not change.
- Once you receive your new Debit Chip card, simply activate it following the instructions provided with your card.
Enjoy big protection in a tiny chip!
Your new DECU chip card provides increased acceptance around the world and heightened security. Here are just a few examples of how the chip card will make your life easier:
- 24/7 Assistance
- (866) 985-2273 For Card Activiation and Setting/Resetting your 4 digit PIN
- (855) 710-3059 For Lost or Stolen
- Secure, member enabled PIN Management – Enjoy the ability to securely change and update your PIN, at your convenience, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week simply by calling the 800# on the back of your card or (855)710-3059.
- Use your card at millions of locations worldwide – Your DECU chip card allows you to pay at national and international merchants where chip cards are the standard. In addition, the chip card has a magnetic stripe on the back, and you can still make purchases by swiping your card at merchants that have not yet switched to chip-enabled terminals.
- Pay with confidence – Your chip card comes with enhanced security and protection against card counterfeiting and fraud.
- Continue to enjoy your favorite benefits – Your new card includes all the benefits you received with your previous card.
To Activate your card: Call (866) 985-2273 from your home or mobile phone.
- Follow the voice prompts to activate your card.
- Sign the back of your new card immediately
- Your card will be encoded with your same Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- You may update/change you PIN at the time of activation
- Destroy your old card(s)
- Update your 3 digit Security Code (on back of card) and expiration date with any online/subscription based services such as Amazon, Netflix, iTunes and others.
Of course, if you have any questions, please visit the FAQ section of our web site or call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week at (800) 338-6739.
See how to use your chip card here.